BirdShades goal is to save billions of birds worldwide from deadly collisions with glass. We have invented a special bird protection window film which is invisible to the human eye, but highly noticeable for birds. Our approach is evidence based and we love science and opportunities to bring solutions onto the market which mitigate the human-wildlife conflict. The official market launch of our bird protection window film was in spring last year and it is listed at various architectural window film distributors across Europe. Our technology is patented and can be implemented into different future products.
As an early-stage startup with ambitious growth plans, we are currently seeking a new team member to come in at the ground level to support our B2B strategy as Business Development & Sales Manager (f/m/d).
Our ideal candidate will utilize her/his experience to implement an effective business development approach that expands our reach, strengthens client relationships, and seek out potential business opportunities. Our first ambitious goal is to make bird-window collisions a thing of the past. You’ll need to work with customers and stakeholders to identify opportunities and allocate resources to enter specific markets.
- Develop, execute and oversee a business strategy that prioritizes sustainable growth in collaboration with our CEO
- Craft key strategic relationships in the nature-inclusive construction segment
- Identify strategic partnerships, build relationships and quickly address unmet customerneeds by identifying and implementing missing processes
- Conduct high-level industry research to develop effective sales solutions
- Establish a functional CRM-System and address and manage customer enquiries
- Participate in trade shows, seminars and present BirdShades to potential customers andstakeholders (online and on case by case basis onsite). Travel requirement approx. 10%yearly
- Manage complex and mission critical marketing and deployment activities
- Participate in grants writing for funds from private and public agencies as well as marketingmaterials
- Develop broad domain and technical knowledge in the intersection of cutting edge-science, applied biodiversity conservation and architectural design applications
- Experience in Business Development in the B2B sector
- Experience of working in, or closely alongside, NGOs or supranational organizations –ideally in a networking or lobbying capacity
- Background in Biology. Nature-Inclusive Building sector or the Architectural Window Filmsector is a Plus
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills in English and German(written and spoken)
- Exceptional project management skills and high level of accuracy and precision inhandling tasks and projects
- High level of self-motivation, structured and independent way of working
- Hands-on mentality
- Opportunity to contribute to an early stage company in the new, evolving market of applied nature conservation
- Plenty of opportunities to shape structures, processes, goals, and the work environment
- Join a highly motivated team with the opportunity to gain company shares after one year
If we have sparked your interest in making the glass-sector safe for birds, please send your application to Dominique Waddoup via firstname.lastname@example.org and write a brief text about yourself + link to your LinkedIn profile (no CV needed)
Disclaimer to Austrian Law: minimum salary according to KV Allgemeiner Handel Beschäftigungsgruppe: F (€2.300 – 3.100). Salary will be adjusted to experience and qualification. The actual compensation package is based on your qualifications and experience and we are willing to overpay if the requirements are met.