AVVie, this year's winner of the Idea Competition 2020 (Category "Health"), is looking for a R&D Engineer (f/m/d)!
AVVie is an exciting early stage medical device company with an innovative, minimally invasive technology for the treatment of mitral valve disease.
This is a key role in the design and development of a structural heart device, bringing it through all phases of the development cycle into clinical studies. This position offers tremendous growth opportunity, as the company is still in the formative stage.
Roll & Responsibilities
Primary responsibility is to design and develop novel transcatheter mitral valve devices in our prototyping lab in Vienna.
- Working as part of the R&D team to design and develop a novel transcatheter mitral valve repair device in line with user needs
- Generating creative solutions to problems and contributing to innovation through filing of patents
- Daily operations of in-house prototyping lab; lab management
- Identifying, designing, and implementing new testing procedures, tailored to the features of the products with focus on quality and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for developing device specifications, in line with user needs and Design Inputs. Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications
- Identifying and managing key risks throughout the product lifecycle
- Writing/approving test protocols and reports, technical summaries, procedures, and other pertinent deliverables
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related disciplines
- 1-2 years of related experience in the medical device industry
- Experience in structural heart disease / nitinol medical products / steerable delivery systems is highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in transcatheter medical device testing and product development
- Proficient with 3D CAD software (preferably SolidWorks)
- Working knowledge of FDA, GMP, QSR and ISO 13485 requirements
- Interested in supporting the development of an innovative structural heart concept
- Start-up mentality
- A good team player who can time-manage and work independently in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Fluency in English is mandatory
This position is subject to the applicable collective agreement in the medical device industry. Higher salary will be determined based on professional experience.
If you are interested in joining a young and international start-up active in medical technology in Vienna, do not hesitate to submit your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.