The EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH (EODC) specialises in the field of Earth Observation. We operate public cloud computing infrastructure and a multi-petabyte high-speed storage system, connected to Austria's most powerful computer, the VSC-4 (Vienna Scientific Cluster).
To strengthen its team, the EODC is looking for a:
Python - Software Developer
Full-time | Unlimited Contract | Vienna, Austria
What I’ll be doing?
- You’ll work in a team to build software products or develop new features from start to end with the objective to enrich the EODC service offering.
- You’ll design, maintain, and improve big data pipelines utilising Cloud and HPC environments handling TBs of data per day.
- You’ll contribute to national and international projects aiming for the development of innovative solutions in the field of Earth Observation.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Minimum of three years work experience as Python software developer.
- Profound knowledge in Python web frameworks and corresponding software libraries related to REST APIs, databases and message brokering.
- Expertise in use of Python libraries for parallel computing, image processing, data manipulation and analysis.
- Enthusiasms to develop software products in a microservice architecture-based ecosystem, utilising version control via Git and follow GitOps principles. Basic practical experience with container technologies such as Docker or Singularity
- Commitment to work in a self organised team developing and maintaining software products for Earth Observation related IT services.
- Interest to turn Earth Observation data into compelling services for scientific and commercial users.
- Willingness to explore and learn new innovative solutions.
- Good command of both English and German languages.
What we value
- Good self-assessment.
- Solution-oriented work organisation.
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges.
- Independent, responsible, and flexible work organisation.
- Decision-making committed action.
- Excellent organisational skills, with a structured and goal-oriented approach in task management.
- Team player with interest in its interdisciplinary work environment
What we offer
- Flexible working hours.
- An environment to learn with opportunities for further training.
- A role in an established, international, and enthusiastic company.
- Exciting project-based work.
- A friendly workplace with a view on employee growth.
- Minimum gross salary of € 3.100,- (38,5 hours/week) depending on qualifications and experience based upon collective agreement: Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik, KV Gruppe: “ST1”.
Join our Team!
We look forward to receiving your job application (motivation letter and CV) to email@example.com
EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH
1030 Vienna, Austria