Redeem Technologies enables in-space chemical reactions using catalyst-packed photo flow reactors powered by sunlight. The catalyst packing and the reactor assembly are fabricated using patented novel technology and allow for easy and automated operation, high photonic efficiency, and light weight equipment. The technology facilitates in-space manufacture of chemicals, hydrogen, and fertilizers for long duration missions as well as in situ resource utilization ISRU.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level and help develop the product for an early-stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of the chemical, energy, and space sectors. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. You’ll work with chemists and engineers to build the products that transform this space.
How you will make an impact:
You will be working directly with the technology developer to drive the prototyping and early manufacturing phase for Redeem Technologies to grow, the following activities will be your focus:
- Drafting detailed engineering drawings of new products or components for manufacturing by other engineers, experience using Fusion 360 is highly preferred
- Creating computer models of designs using engineering software to test different variables and analyze performance, stress analysis, fluid mechanics and CFD skills are highly desired
- Creating visual models and animations for R&D and marketing activities
- Evaluating new fabrication technology and materials to determine their potential applications in existing products or in new products
- Communicating with fabrication shops, experience in operating CNC, laser cutting, and water jetting are preferred
- Identifying failure modes and mitigating the risks via safe designs
- Designing products that comply with national codes that can be certified
- Managing mission critical prototyping and early deployment activities.
- Asking questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective.
- Establishing new processes, identify systemic problems and recommend solutions
- Driving results proactively.
What you should have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in prototyping of static industrial equipment
- Experience in leadership, leading project teams, and developing technical products
- Excellent team work skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Passion about developing new products and bringing them to market